Followers

Friday 4 January 2013

2013: Renovating my bedroom

And so here we are, reviewing one of my resolutions; to be a cleaner and more hygienic person. And it's gonna take a while getting used to writing 2013 in my school books.

Talks about re-decorating my bedroom have been going on since June last year, but we never actually got round to it as there was so much on. Re-doing my bedroom came around, when my mother heard my poor single bed was on it's last legs. My bedroom has been decorated red and cream since I was around 10/11 when I was convinced I was a boy. Apart from the One Direction posters, merchandise and a lonely pink box, you would still think there was boy inhabiting my personal space.



The paper will be going on my main wall (hard to choose as my bedroom is pretty small), which I chose as the wall with my window on. The paper I picked first and that I am most fixed on is a duck egg blue colour with tropical patterns on. I really like the colours used and the way the flowers are displayed, but I'm struggling to pick colour to go on my other 3 walls, boo:(

I also like this extremely detailed, patterned paper. I have tried to pick wall paper that doesn't have a repetitive pattern and with this, every detail is different. Although I really like this, I'm not sure it's just for one wall and whether it will suit a habitat like a bedroom.


This paper was my back-up plan, I had picked around 7 papers and whittled it down to my three favourites. The only thing I am not sure on with this paper is the square, straight silver patterns. I'm not to sure of this paper as the pattern is repetitive, and the flowery pattern is black, meh:/

All over the festive period, all I heard and expected was the words 'Christmas', 'presents' and 'alcohol', so talking about getting my bedroom completely gutted was something fresh and new to talk about. Because of the way mine and my sisters room was split, hers has to be decorated first and then swip-swap when mine gets decorated (yey!). The amount of time, contacting and thought-power from both me and my mother was spent in B&Q. The exciting part is acting like a ten year old, picking all the colour books and shade cards from the paint section. I bet the workers get sick of restocking the shade card wall:)

If you guys could advise me on which paper to choose, which colour/s to put on the other wall etc, then that would be really helpful. I am possibly also getting a new bed, I'm thinking new curtains, a few vintage pieces, homemade DIY cushions and a bit more simple styles of storage as I have so much junk and not enough space to put it all.

Are you guys thinking of re-deorating and rooms in your house? Could you help me with colour scheme suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment