Followers

Sunday 11 November 2012

Battle of the Nail Varnish Brands #3: No. 7's Stay Perfect

Sorry about the few days break from my blog but I've been busy with school and family, you know things like that. This is only the second time I've actually been on my laptop and I didn't really think about updating my blog (which I admit, I should of) and that sucks.


Sooo, without hesitation, I announce to you the third contender of the war of the polishes... No. 7 Stay Perfect in the shade Blackberry(only remembered this as my sister broke hers during the week). The colour I've had applied to my nails has been this over the past week. It's a slightly shimmery but elegant deep purple and can be used over the top of other polishes glamming a black up. This is my honest review as i have never tried a No. 7 product in my life.
Applicator? Well, it's small, fat and stubby. I'm not really keen as it clogs the nail varnish on the brush, making it un-smooth.
Application? Well that's not really great either. If the applicator is crappy, then it is quite obvious that the application is going to similar or the same. The polish itself it pretty thick and applies really thick, even if you wipe the excess off, it drips before you can get it onto the nails.
Chip Resistant? Certainly. I am in love with how long the varnish still looks fresh on your nails for. No chipping, no oldness and no scratching. I had it on for 10 days and it still looked fresh, but I had no choice but to remove the colour as it went onto my nails all clumpy.


Removal? It wasn't awful, but it wasn't great, just pretty average really. The only problem is because the polish is really clumpy, you have to apply more nail polish remover onto the cotton pad to get it off. Another point, because it's really dark and pigmented, you use plenty of cotton pads and I went through 7 just to get it off with no staining or leftovers.
Overall- This is a really nice polish. The only problem is the applicator means the polish is applied really thick and clumpy. I'm not sure about the colour being wintery, although I suppose it is being a deep, warm purple, getting everyone in the Christmas spirit. I would personally wear this with a light outfit, that included pastel colours, just to give your nails that boldness.

What winter polishes do you own? Are you excited for Christmas? x




No comments:

Post a Comment