Followers

Friday 2 November 2012

Battle of the Nail Varnish Brands: 17's Lasting Fix

The next five days, including this one, I have tested 4 of what I think the main brands are in Nail Varnish/Polish currently. I have used them, looking for the quality of the applicator, the application, the varnishes chip resistance and the removal of the polish and my overall comment. One each day until I'm done. Apologies for the state of my nails but I shall commence! The title gives it away as today I'm giving you my opinion on the brand of 17's Nail Polish.

17's Lasting Fix in Mint Choc Chip
When I started my collection of nail varnishes, which wasn't too long ago, 6 months maybe, this is the first one I bought, along with another one of their Lasting Fix range, which was again Lasting Fix but in Orange Soda.
Applicator? It's perfect for the size of bottle it comes in. Its normal sized but the nail polish tends to drip off an awful lot.
Application? The applicator is really smooth and so there is no problem in applying it to your nails, but with the applicator being small, it takes 4 strokes before covering your nail, so it takes a while if you want an opaque look on your nails.
Chip Resistant? No way! Within 24 hours of applying this product to my nails, its started to look old and started chipping. I recovered the chips in my nails, giving the varnish another go, and within 2 days I had large chips out of the polish, which people actually noticed. I recommend this for a one time wear, like when you are going out for a meal, or a night out when you aren't bothered about your nails the morning after.
Removal? Pretty easy. Glides off as you applied it, one wipe with a cotton pad with a dab of nail polish remover on and your nails are clean. Getting it of your skin if you make a mistake is pretty simple too, dab of  polish remover and its off, just like that.
Overall: This polish is sold in a range of more formal colours, more like nail colours for nights out, meals out and formal occasions and meetings because they chip so easily. I love this polish and I was impressed considering the price I paid for it. I like the colours and the bottle design is really simple and attracts you as it's not very tacky and chavy looking, attracting a wide range of people including me. Like I said the only downfall is how easily the polish chips. You can buy the polish and many other products from 17 in Boots. Just now, posting this, I have literally discovered the two polishes I bought are part of the Candy Collection in Boots, £2.99 each.
What 17 products have you bought? Are you disappointed or impressed? Tell me what you think!
Hope you found this helpful lovelys x

No comments:

Post a Comment