Followers

Monday 21 May 2012

I'm amazed: The Hunger Games Review

I've just finished watching The Hunger Games. Omg. Epic.

This is one of the most interesting and beautiful films I've ever watched and heres the review to go with it.

Basically, Katniss enters the Hunger Games as substitute for her sister, Prim. Then she discovers on the train to the Capitol that she is partnered with Peeta Mellark, the boy who gave her bread when she was dying after a day of hunting, literally. There against 22 other tributes to try and win these games, but only one can win. Theres a twist and Katniss finds out that if you and the other tribute from your District are both alive at the end, you both win, but Peeta is half dead. She finds Peeta and there is a revealing ending which I won't tell you about 'cause then I'll spoil it.

I'll tell you what I think though.

The love story is very catching and at the end is heartbreaking. I loved how they put the storyline together and the roots of where the Hunger Games came from is very believable. The build-up to the games doesn't seem long, because it's so real, you don't realise, that infact in a second, Katniss is plonked right on her little perch, next to the other 23 tributes, waiting to be released. Her little ally, Rue, is literally so cute, it is so upsetting when she dies so gracefully but brutally.

The characters are amazing. For a start Josh Hutcherson is quite beautiful, and he captures the worlds hearts when he reveals he loves Katniss. The way Katniss is portrayed is good, how they show her as the strong one, being substitute tribute for her sister, Prim and battling only to win.

I would say the best part of the film is the ending, with the berries, although I won't say what happens, 'cause that would be spoiling, but I was 'cooing' at the screen, cause it is so cute when they argue but then make up. So so sad.

Peeta Mellark-Josh Hutcherson = Hot enough to die for, omg. I love this film for itself and for Josh Hutcherson

Enjoy for now lovelys x

No comments:

Post a Comment